High Point Market is exciting, inspiring, thought-provoking, dramatic, hectic, exhausting and exhilarating! … I spent four plus days at the largest home furnishings industry show in the world and was a part of Esteem Media’s Design Blogger’s Tour, which offered me the opportunity to tour some of the most beautiful showrooms with a team of designers from across the country.
Day 1 took us to Jaipur Living, Norwalk Furniture & Crypton, Huntington House, Hudson Valley Lighting Group , Lloyd Flanders, James by Jimmy DeLaurentis, Dome Deco, Blue Print Collection, and Four Hands.
I’m going to dive a little deeper into each of these showrooms in upcoming blogs, but here I’d like to share some of the trends that I noticed and get you excited for what’s down the road in the world of furnishings and design.
- Natural Materials and Textural Elements – Jute, rattan, teak, mango wood and other sustainable, eco-friendly products were everywhere.
- Mixed Materials – We saw many manufacturers incorporating leather, wood, and steel within the same piece.
- Green Love – Green is back in a big way! … Dark, rich forest green, saturated teals and evergreen, and even seafoams. Maybe it’s our desire to better connect with the outdoors?
- More Metals – As an accent piece on a chest or sideboard, or a base on a table, metals are being incorporated, and colors mixed, everywhere.
- Patterns Galore – Mixing animal prints with florals, and bold colors with stripes! Wallpapers, fabrics, and accessories were bursting with patterns and color.
High Point is truly an experience unlike any other! … I discovered new lines that I want to bring into our showroom and specify for our clients, and I had the pleasure of getting to know some fantastic people that I certainly intend to stay connected to!